Established in 1945, ACS-DC is a not for profit organization consisting of studio and production potters, sculptors,
teachers and ceramic designers and technicians whose mission is to share and increase knowledge of ceramics with
each other, and to expand public awareness and appreciation of the many facets of clay.
WHO ARE OUR MEMBERS?
Some of our members such as William Manker, Vivika and Otto Heino, Harrison McIntosh, Susan Peterson, Raul
Coronel, Frank Matranga, Tom McMillan, Patrick Shia Crabb and Kevin Myers are nationally and internationally
renowned. They greatly contributed to the ceramic culture of Southern California, as well as the greater United
States, Western Europe and Mexico. They influenced the art and culture of their day and influence current and
future clay artists. Some of our members held or currently hold professorships at California State University at
Dominguez Hills, California State University at Fullerton, California State University at Northridge, California State University at Pomona, Chouinard Art Institute, East Los Angeles College, Glendale Community College, Loyola Marymount University, Orange Coast College, Otis College of Art and Design, Riverside Community College, Santa Ana College, Scripps College, University of California at Los Angeles, University of Southern California, and Pierce College.
WHAT DOES AN ACS-DC MEMBERSHIP PROVIDE YOU?
These benefits and opportunities are included in your membership.
- Your Business will be featured as a Supporter in our printed Member Directory plus on our website which
is currently under construction and will be re-launched early next year.
- You can participate in our annual Fund Raiser and Market Place, ACS-DC Clay Festival and Gift Show. This
event which will be in April 2015, is modeled after NCECA where you can have a booth to market your
business to our consumers and members.
- You can receive 10% reduction in our newsletter advertisement packages.
- You can post as many as 6 free announcements annually in our newsletters.
- Receive our newsletters which will contain announcements and articles about ceramics.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP ACS-DC?
ACS-DC is a volunteer organization which depends upon fundraising to maintain its function. If you are able to give products or certificates in kind, listed are some events for which we may solicit donations. In return we will provide you a letter documenting what was donated, the market value of the donation and our EIN number.
- Publicity for exhibits or fundraisers
- Gift Certificates or Products for fundraising purposes